Tuesday, March 5, 2013

No... I Don't Watch Cupcake Wars!

Don’t get me wrong… I love my business and am very proud to have one of the first Cupcake shops in Rhode Island. However, when you are surrounded by cupcakes day in and day out, literally breathing in sugar… The last thing you want to do when you go home at night is curl up on your couch and watch a TV show about cupcakes!
 
Cupcakes are a recent addition to my skill set. Growing up, I was always involved in the arts. Theatre, dance, painting sculpting, and I ended up going to college for Theatrical Costume Design. There I sharpened my designer eye, learned advance sewing skills, but also other degree requirements like lighting and set design. It was also there that my love of Party-Hosting began to develop. I started throwing dinner parties for my artsy friends and grew to love the art of cooking and hostessing. As you may have guessed, I have departed ways from the theatre, and it may not have been the most practical of degrees, but the skills I learned have become invaluable as a home owner with Champagne taste on a Beer budget!
 
It was my Mother’s idea that I open up a cupcake shop, when the crazy thought of starting my own business began circling my brain. So no….I have not always loved cupcakes, I didn’t grow up baking along-side my grandmother, and I don’t need another cupcake necklace, cupcake mug, cupcake paper-weight etc. Knowing all that I can do and have done, I guess I am still taken by surprise that I am so associated with cupcakes.
 
My thought behind starting this blog was to create an outlet for my other artistic and creative passions. This past October my Domestic Partner or “Manpanion” and I bought a beautiful turn of the century Victorian down the street from The Cupcakerie. These last few months I have been obsessed with home improvement. Painting, decorating, furniture shopping have become my addiction. The house is fabulous for parties, and we have already hosted several in the few months we have been here. As I was working away on the first floor, I got the idea that I should share the adventure!
 
Please check in every Tuesday and Friday for everything from decorating and house painting, to gardening and party planning and yes… I will talk cupcakes too! I always welcome comments and discussions. Thank you for joining me for the ride!!!
 
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment